Skip-A-Pay — Illinois
Here's what you need to know about Skip-A-Pay:
- A fee of $39 will be charged per skip per loan at the time of approval. The fee will be withdrawn from your savings or checking. If you do not have sufficient funds, please stop in the branch to complete the form and pay the fee.
- Eligible Loans: Auto, Motorcycle, Personal, Share Secured, Snowmobile/ATV, Boat, and Travel/Trailer Camper
- Ineligible Loans: Business Loans, Mortgage and HELOCs, Balloon Loans, Loans with current payment extensions, Lines of Credit and Credit Cards
- You can skip a payment once every four months, up to twice a year.
- Before you begin, you’ll need to have your Loan Account Number and ID, Loan Description and Monthly Payment Amount. If you need help locating this information, please call 608-982-0192.
- In order to skip the next payment, we will need to receive all completed information from all borrowers at least 14 days before the due date.
- If your loan payment is automatically paid through payroll deduction or monthly transfer, your loan payment will be deposited into whichever account was dictated at the time you set up the automatic payment.
- All borrowers will be required to sign online or in-person.
Two ways to request Skip-A-Pay:
E-Sign your form online (most popular):
- Click the button below to open the E-Sign form.
- Enter your name and email address when prompted. You will be emailed a code to verify your email address. Important: if your loan has a Joint Borrower, you will need to enter that individual's name and email address on the form, where indicated. The Joint Borrower will receive an email notification to electronically sign the form, as well. If signatures are not received from both parties, the request will not be processed.
- On the E-Sign form, enter your account number and the month you want to skip, along with the Loan ID, Loan Description, and Monthly Payment of the loans that you wish to skip (please note: mortgages and home equity loans do not qualify for Skip-A-Pay). You’ll be prompted to sign and submit the form – that’s it, you’re done!
Stop by your local branch to fill out the form in person.
For questions regarding Skip-A-Pay, please call 608-982-0192.
By signing the forms, I am agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- I give Heritage Credit Union permission to advance the due date of the above loan by one month.
- Normal loan payments will resume the month following the skipped payment.
- The interest will continue to accrue during the month that my payment is skipped.
- I understand that there is a $39 non-refundable fee per loan, per month skipped for the Skip-A-Pay program and that the above application will not be processed if the funds are not received by Heritage Credit Union.
- This may result in a longer term then is stated on my original documentation regarding the loan.
- During the month you choose to skip, if your loan payment is made via Payroll Deduction or Direct Deposit, the payment will be applied to whichever account was dictated at the time you set up the automatic payment. If the selected month has five pay periods, only loan payments scheduled within the first four full weeks will be skipped.
- Loan payments must be current to qualify.
- All person(s) who originally signed the loan(s) must also sign #3 on the form.
- Skipped payments may cause the total loan debt protection charges to be greater than the amounts originally disclosed to the member.
- If your vehicle has Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP), there is a maximum number of allowable skipped loan payments for the duration of your loan. Please refer to your GAP contract for specific terms.
- Please allow up to two weeks for us to process your request.
- Heritage reserves the right to restrict Skip-A-Pay. If denied, the credit union will contact you.