5 Ways to Make Payments to Your Heritage Loan.
1) Make a regular transfer from a Heritage deposit account
Do you already have a Heritage checking or savings account? You can make a one-time transfer or schedule recurring transfers to make your loan payment.
To get started, log in to online banking and select Transfers from the menu >
2) Use External Transfers
Our online and mobile banking feature, External Transfers, allows you transfer money from an outisde account to a Heritage checking or savings account.
To make a loan payment using External Transfers, follow these 3 steps in online or mobile banking:
- Select External Transfers from the sidebar menu and click Account Transfer
- To transfer money to your Heritage account, choose an outside financial account in the From dropdown and your Heritage account in the To dropdown
- Choose the dollar amount, frequency, and submission date of the transfer then click Submit
Your transfer will take between 1-2 days to complete. Once the money is in your Heritage account, make a regular transfer from your checking or savings account to make your loan payments.
If you are setting up your first outside bank or credit union account in External Transfers:
Click Add Account in the External Transfers menu and enter the Routing Number, Account Number, Account Type and Nickname of the financial instituion you wish to link to your Heritage account.
Next, a series of micro transactions will be deposited to verify ownership of the external account.
- Review your external account for the trial transactions within 3-5 business days
- Take note of the micro transaction amounts
- You will receive an email when your account is ready to be verified. At this time, the account status will change from 'in process' to 'pending activation.' Click on the new account in the External Transfers menu and enter the micro transaction amounts. Once entered correctly, the account will be verified and available for transfers
Review steps 1-3 above on how to use your external account to transfer money to your Heritage checking or savings accounts to make loan payments.
3) Use Mobile Deposit
Snap a picture of a check using our check deposit feature in mobile banking to deposit the funds to your Heritage checking or savings account. Once the money is in your account (1-3 business days) you can use it to make your loan payment through a regular transfer.
4) Set up automatic transfers directly to your loan
Contact our Call Center at 1-608-982-0192 to set up an automatic transfer directly to your loan from an outside bank or credit union.
Our staff will walk you through the process but to help with the set up, here's what you will need:
- Your Heritage Credit Union account number
- Your outside financial institution's routing and account number
- The type of external account you are setting up (checking or savings)
5) Mail us a check
Mail a check with your month's loan amount to:
Heritage Credit Union
4617 Liuna Way
DeForest, WI 53532
- Make the check payable "Heritage Credit Union".
- Include the loan account number in the Memo section of your check
NOTE: Your check may be returned if certain requirements are not met, such as:
- Heritage Credit Union is not the payee on the check.
- You don't provide us with the correct loan account number for which you want the payment made to.
Are you not registered for online and mobile banking? Sign up takes just a few minutes. Choose your device below to get started:
Desktop Computer: Click here to register for online banking on your desktop computer