We're here to help.
Our priority is protecting members and staff during the COVID-19 outbreak. We update this webpage frequently, as we continue to help reduce the risks for our communities and help you manage your money. Remember, you can bank virtually anywhere 24/7 with online and mobile banking.
Mortgage and Consumer Loan Payment Assistance
During these unprecedented times, we are here to help you by offering payment assistance for your Heritage loans. Click here to learn more.
We’re happy to see you! For the safety of our members and staff, please review this information before returning to the lobby.
Note: Our Milwaukee, WI branch lobby is still closed at this time.
If you have any concerns, please continue to use the drive-thru.
- Face Coverings: They will be required at all times for both members and staff. No ski masks allowed. If you are unable to wear a mask, please use the drive-thru. We will provide a mask if needed.
- Lobby Capacity: Please check your specific branch sign for maximum capacity. If you feel ill, please call us or use Online or Mobile Banking instead of using the lobby.
- Check-in: When you enter the lobby, see your branch sign to learn if a check-in is required. Please wait until our staff is ready to help you.
- Social Distancing: Keep 6 feet distance between any person.
- Sanitizing: Please use hand sanitizer before entering if possible. We continue to clean the branch thoroughly each day.
- Transactions: In the lobby, you can make deposits and withdrawals, make loan payments, and bring in coin. With proper safety measures in place, you can apply for a loan too!
- Appointments: You can still schedule appointments to open a personal, business or specialty account and apply for a loan.
Learn about Government Stimulus Payments
In January and March of 2021, the Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service began the distribution of economic impact payments. These payments will be distributed automatically, with no action required for most people. Learn how this impacts you and how we're here to help.
Your Funds are Safe at Heritage
Your Heritage accounts are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) to at least $250,000. Your money is protected by the full faith and credit of the U.S. government when deposited in an insured financial institution.
Protect Yourself from COVID-19 Scams
Always remember to use strong passwords and keep your online/mobile banking login credentials safe. Please look out for phone calls, emails, and websites trying to exploit COVID-19. Common COVID-19 scam topics include:
- Fake updates about COVID-19 data. Only click on websites and emails from trusted news or research sources.
- Fake COVID-19 prevention or cure information. Contact your medical provider with questions.
- Fake charities collecting donations. Always research a charity before donating.
- Fake cleaning supply sales emails. Never click on links in emails you are not expecting to get.
- Fake checks and scams from the government. See the Federal Trade Commission’s advice.
Remember, Heritage Credit Union will never ask you for confidential information, like full Social Security number, full bank account number, debit or credit card numbers, CVV or PIN in an email, on a website, or from an unsolicited phone call. If you call us, we may ask you questions to help verify your identity. Learn more about staying safe online.
Drive up hours may vary by branch and offer most banking services.
As our communities continue to work together to slow the spread of COVID-19, we are temporarily closing most of our branch lobbies and only providing drive-up service until further notice.
While some of our branch lobbies are closed, please keep in mind:
- You are welcome to visit drive-ups on bicycle or on foot. If you choose to visit on bicycle or foot, please use the lane closest to the building and remain alert as you move with traffic.
- Wait times in the drive-up may be longer than normal. Please be patient as we work with you to provide service in a timely manner.
- Please avoid bringing in coins. Our drive-ups will not be able to process coin deposits or cash conversions.
What if I need to sign loan or account documents?
Our staff will work with you to get all documents signed securely using our e-signature technologies. Depending on the documentation, we may also be able to send it through the drive-up to you.
What if I am facing financial challenges as a result of COVID-19?
We understand that COVID-19 may cause financial challenges. We’re here to help, click here to learn more.
We encourage you to manage your money 24/7 from home using the following methods:
Login to Online and Mobile Banking to:
- Manage Your Accounts: You can transfer money between your Heritage or external bank accounts, view transactions, make mobile deposits, make loan payments, and more.
- Open Deposit Accounts: You can apply for and open additional deposit accounts in minutes when you are logged into online and mobile banking.
- Apply for a Loan Online: You can apply anytime for an auto, personal or other consumer loans, and we can process most loans electronically.
- Apply for a Mortgage: You can apply and sign all initial documents electronically.
New to online or mobile banking? It only takes a few minutes to sign up. Click here to get started.
How to deposit a check using your mobile device
Click here for a step-by-step guide on how to deposit checks from home at any time.
Mobile Deposit is a fast, easy, and secure way to deposit checks using the Heritage mobile banking app.