Here to Help You: Government Stimulus Payments
In January and March of 2021, the Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service began the distribution of economic impact payments.° These payments will be distributed automatically, with no action required for most people.
Read the IRS Information Center for answers to questions including:
- Am I eligible for a payment?
- How much are payments?
- How will I receive my payment?
If you qualify for an economic impact payment, we're here to help you prepare:
- Enroll in Online and Mobile Banking to manage your stimulus payment.
- Set up a Security Alert to get notified if an electronic deposit is made to your account. INSTRUCTIONS: Log in to Online and Mobile Banking, select Alerts, and choose Security Alerts to set up an alert for deposits into your account.
- See how to use Check Deposit on the mobile app if you receive a paper check.
Avoid COVID-19 Scams
The IRS urges taxpayers to be on the lookout for scam artists trying to use the economic impact payments as cover for schemes to steal personal information and money. Remember, the IRS will not call , text you, email you or contact you on social media asking for personal or bank account information – even related to the economic impact payments. Also, watch out for emails with attachments or links claiming to have special information about economic impact payments or refunds.
°Heritage Credit Union does not guarantee any government payment to members or non-members. The information on this page is for informational purposes only.